ICC Award 2010 Winners List (with Photos)

icketer of the Year
Sachin Tendulkar (India): I’m really excited to have won two awards (also people’s choice award). I think right from the start of the season when we won in Sri Lanka and I scored a hundred in the finals, the season took off for us. We became number one in Test rankings, something we all wanted to achieve and we’ve been able to maintain our performance in the last 10 months. Surviving so long is a challenge and I’ve taken in my stride. I continue to enjoy the game. At 20/21 the body was different from what it is now. It’s a challenge I enjoy… I’ve got to thank all my teammates and the support staff… Coach Gary Kirsten who works hard day in and day out, keeps throwing some hundreds of ball at me at nets… All this allows us to be in good spirits… My son Arjun must be thrilled with this award. His birthday was last month and daughter Sara’s is on the 12th. These will be wonderful birthday gifts for them.
Test Player of the Year
Virender Sehwag (India): It’s fantastic to win the award and take over the title from Gautam Gambhir. I try to play the best I can in Test match cricket and play the same way I do in every format of the game. I’m a huge fan of Test cricket and love to play it more than Twenty20 or ODI.
ODI Player of the Year
AB de Villiers (South Africa): I’ve really enjoyed this season. It’s a World Cup season and a World Cup is something we would love to win and we rate our chances pretty highly.
Associate Player of the Year
Ryan ten Doeschate (The Netherlands): I’m really upset that I am unable to attend tonight’s ceremony to accept my second ICC award. I feel extremely privileged to be once again recognised by the ICC and the voting academy for my performances this year.
Emerging Player of the Year
Steven Finn (England): It’s a great honour to win an award I wasn’t expecting, and, I’m very pleased and honoured to be playing Test match cricket for my country. I’ve enjoyed the last few months representing my country and I hope it continues. Next up is the Ashes and I think we’re well prepared to win the series.
Women’s Cricketer of the Year
Shelley Nitschke (Australia): This year has been fantastic and to cap the year off with winning the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year is brilliant. A huge part of increasing people’s following has been because of playing double-header matches with the men’s sides and to be playing T20 cricket on a global stage.
Umpire of the Year
Aleem Dar (Pakistan): I think the fact I’m still playing cricket in Pakistan makes me a good umpire. In the last four times I’ve played cricket, I scored centuries. So, I definitely think that has helped. I’m honoured to have been named the winner for the second year in a row.
T20 International Performance
Brendon McCullum (New Zealand): The Kiwi batsman, who is currently touring Bangladesh, said on hearing the news: “That score is my highest in a T20 international and on the day everything just seemed to go right for me. I feel honoured that the voting academy felt my performance was the best amongst some other extremely strong candidates for the award in the form of Mahela, Mike and Ryan.”
Note: McCullum got the award for his 116 not out off 56 balls against Australia in New Zealand.
Spirit of Cricket
New Zealand: Though Daniel Vettori couldn’t collect the award on behalf of his team due to national commitments, the Black Caps skipper said on hearing the news: “It’s great to win the award for the third time. The team I have led over the past year has without a doubt shown great sportsmanship and played the game of cricket in the right way.”
Note: The awards were given to players and officials based on their performance in the period between August 24, 2009 and August 10, 2010.
ICC Award 2010 Winners  | powered by www.HeyANDHRA.inICC Award 2010 Winners  | powered by www.HeyANDHRA.inICC Award 2010 Winners  | powered by www.HeyANDHRA.inICC Award 2010 Winners  | powered by www.HeyANDHRA.inICC Award 2010 Winners  | powered by www.HeyANDHRA.inICC Award 2010 Winners  | powered by www.HeyANDHRA.inICC Award 2010 Winners  | powered by www.HeyANDHRA.inICC Award 2010 Winners  | powered by www.HeyANDHRA.in
;)
source: http://www.telegraphindia.com
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Pages